Friday, July 16, 2010

Franklin Conservatory

I am a little behind on the blogging lately. The summer is rushing by like a whirlwind. About three weeks ago I brought the kids to Columbus to visit my sister. We went to the Franklin Conservatory. The conservatory is broken into sections, each highlighting different plants of that area. It was a good place to go, but I can't say it was very kid-friendly. Dealing with the stroller was a pain and each conservatory was a tropical location so it was scorching hot. The last section was full of butterflies. I think it was the Costa Rica part. Josie was scared of the butterflies and by that time Grant had had enough of looking at plants in 100 degree weather. You'll see in the last picture some colored glass. This is Chihuly glass which is featured alot around the conservatory. They also had a glass blowing demonstration but the kids didn't cooperate.









No comments:

Post a Comment